The Association of Bookmobile & Outreach Services (ABOS), an affiliate of the American Library Association, offers annual awards that recognize outstanding service, support for conference attendance, and the education of a student currently enrolled in a Library Science degree program. In particular, The Bernard Vavrek Scholarship provides $1000 to a library school student interested in outreach and bookmobile services.
The applicant must:
- Currently enrolled and have completed at least one semester in a graduate degree program in Library and/or Information Science program at an ALA-accredited library school.
- Maintain a grade point average of 3.0 or better.
- Demonstrate an interest in outreach/bookmobile librarianship.
IV. Application Requirements/Checklist
- Your name.
- Your contact information including mailing address, phone number, and email address.
- The name and contact information of the ALA-accredited library school which you are attending.
- A copy of your most recent transcript showing a grade point average of 3.0 or better.
- A personal narrative showcasing your interest in outreach/bookmobile librarianship.
- Two letters of reference
For more information go to: http://abos-outreach.com/bernard-vavrek-scholarship