Missouri State University is looking for a Head of Special Collections and Archives. The Assistant Professor is a member of the ranked faculty with an intermediate academic rank who has demonstrated achievement in the areas of teaching, research, and professional service appropriate to the discipline. The Assistant Professor’s teaching responsibilities are assigned by the academic department head and may include serving as an academic advisor. The Assistant Professor engages in scholarly activities beyond those associated with teaching and is expected to demonstrate professional productivity in research, based upon the availability of resources and consistent with the mission of the University.
Provides direction and oversight of all aspects of Special Collections and Archives, including strategic planning, development and management of services, and supervision and mentoring of Special Collections and Archives personnel.
• Works with appropriate library and University units on matters of policies, procedures, and priorities for acquisition and curation of the physical and digital collections.
• Oversees development and operation of the Libraries digitization lab.
• Promotes awareness and use of collections within the University, state, and region in support of original scholarship and research.
• Participates in the Libraries’ outreach to university, community, and other audiences, including donor development, fundraising, and grant writing.
• Actively serves on library and University committees, in professional organizations or associations, and with local, regional or national organizations that promote preservation and access to archival materials.
• Contributes to the success of the Special Collections and Archives unit and MSU Libraries by performing all other duties as assigned.
• The faculty responsibilities of research, publication, and service are expected for continuing appointment.
To apply go to: https://jobs.missouristate.edu/postings/33779
For more job opportunities go to: https://jobs.missouristate.edu/