Health Sciences Librarian
Stony Brook University in Stony Brook, NY is looking for a Health Sciences Librarian.
The Health Sciences Librarian will contribute to the University Library’s suite of service activities, including information and instructional services, scholarly communication and research support services, collection development, liaison, and outreach services. The position works most directly with the five Health Sciences Schools and various clinical departments
Specialist II/Librarian II, Manuscripts, Archives and Rare Books Division
The Schomburg Center for Research in Black Culture located in Harlem, New York, is a research unit of The New York Public Library system.
- Responsible for arranging, describing and cataloging archival collections.
- In collaboration with Technical Services, ensures the division remains current with evolving standards for online access to archival finding aids.
- Appraises collections in consultation with Curator, and determines basic preservation needs
- Trains and supervises pages and library technical assistants.
- Consults, as needed, with appropriate NYPL archival, cataloging and conservation staff
- Staffs public service desk and provides in-person, telephone, email and written reference assistance
- Undertakes special projects as assigned.
- Performs related duties as required.
To learn more and apply go to: https://jobs-nypl.icims.com/jobs/9785/specialist-ii-librarian-ii%2c-manuscripts%2c-archives-and-rare-books-division/job