DeWitt Wallace Library, Macalester College is offering two temporary positions for fall semester and two temporary positions for spring semester. Candidates will gain practical experience working at our service desk on the main level. This service desk provides reference service, circulation services, and interlibrary lending services. The successful candidate will have an opportunity to work at the public service desk and improve their skills with reference interview techniques, become familiar with the wide range of electronic resources including the OCLC WMS online system and have opportunities to also participate in library services according to interests.
The ideal candidate will be able to split their time between day and evening hours in order to get a depth and breadth of experience in an academic library and participate in library meetings that are focused on activities that include publishing, archives, web services, collection management, and access services as well as Reference & Instruction. The DeWitt Wallace Library staff are committed to helping to increase opportunities for professionally underrepresented racial and ethnic groups to gain the knowledge, skills and competencies to thrive in an academic context and are seeking applicants from diverse backgrounds.
• 2 positions per semester, approximately 20-25 hours per week, $15 per hour.
• Positions are for fall semester and spring semester for a total of 4 temporary positions.
• Hours will vary, but include some daytime, evening, and weekend shifts.
• Monday – Friday – 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
• Sunday – Thursday – 6 – 10 p.m.
• Fall semester – beginning as close to October 1 as possible lasting until Dec. 20
• Spring semester – Jan. 8, 2018 – May 8, 2018
For more information and to apply go to: https://chm.tbe.taleo.net/chm02/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=MACALESTER&cws=1&rid=760