The Allen County Public Library is searching for an Assistant Manager to work in the Teens Department at our main downtown library. Come join our team as we enrich our community together!
The job duties of the Teens Assistant Manager include the following:
* Assists customers in finding resources. Provides bibliographic instruction, guidance on how to use the catalog, online and database services, as well as readers’ advisory and reference services.
* Plans and implements research-based programming, including learning programs, programs that promote positive youth development, and all ages programming. * Performs outreach programming at schools and youth-serving community agencies.
* Responsible for efficient and effective department function in the absence of the manager.
* Assists visiting school groups by providing orientations to the catalog and databases, tours, and research assistance.
* Assembles “custom collections” for classrooms and individuals
* Assists manager in training and supervision of staff.
* Actively participates in committee responsibilities at a system level.
* Participates in collection maintenance for the department through recommendation of materials and deselection of old materials.
* Assists customers with use of the features and equipment of the Teen department.
* Master’s Degree Required, Field of Study: Library Science from a school accredited by the American Library Association
* 3 plus years of experience in programming and reference.
* Familiarity with automated systems, Internet, and a variety of computer programs.
* Must apply for and maintain Indiana Librarian Certification, earning 75 LEU(Library Education Units) within five years.
* Knowledge of current issues and trends in library services to adolescents.
* Knowledge of literature and pop culture for middle school and young adult audiences.
* Knowledge of the developmental needs of adolescents.
* Competency to work with people of diverse cultures.
* Genuine affection for and understanding of adolescents.
Click here to view more details and to apply! http://careers.acpl.info/postings/1206
Visit our website at www.acpl.info