With generous support from the National Chinese American Citizens Alliance (CACA) Community Involvement Fund, students can apply for a scholarship (registration only) to attend the 2018 National APIA Historic Preservation Forum.
1. Must be a student currently enrolled or recent graduate.
2. Lodging and transportation are not included and must be covered by student scholarship recipient.
3. Complete the Scholarship Application by October 10, 2018.
4. Scholarship recipients will be required to provide a write-up following the Forum about their experience attending.
* Students under 18 will be required to have written parent/guardian permission to attend unless parent/guardian will also be in attendance.
Our official hotel during the 2018 Forum is the Hotel Whitomb in San Francisco. The historic Hotel Whitcomb is a full service hotel centrally located with easy access to public transportation, including BART and MUNI. Click here to learn more about the Hotel Whitcomb and how to book your reservations.
Field Sessions and Tours
Learn about the historical and cultural contributions of Asian and Pacific Islander Americans in San Francisco and the greater Bay Area through field sessions and tours before the 2018 Forum. From a 2-day tour of bus/train tour of the Chinese railroad worker sites in the Sierra Nevada to a tour of the GLBT Historical Society and the historical contributions of LGBTQ Asian and Pacific Islander Americans to the Berkeley South Asian walking tour and discussion/film screening at Rosie the Riveter/World War II Home Front National Historical Park, Forum attendees have a variety of amazing field sessions to choose from even before the Forum officially begins!