The WAAL (Wisconsin Association of Academic Librarians) Conference Planning Committee invites session proposals for Connect, Collaborate, Create: WAAL 2019 at the Lismore Hotel in Eau Claire, WI, April 18-19, 2019.
Proposals for presentations, panels, and active workshops are all welcome. Plan for presentations to last for 50 minutes including Q&A.
Our target topics this year include, but are not limited to:
- Archives or Special Collections
- Diversity, Inclusion, or Social Justice
- Professional or Career Development
- Scholarly Communication, Open Access, or OER
- Library Instruction and Information Literacy
- Metadata and Cataloging
- Access Services or Resource Sharing
- Library Technology and Systems
- Instructional Design, Learning Objects, or Online Learning
- Collection Management
- Digital Humanities
- User Experience
Proposals are due by Monday, October 29th, 2018.
You should be prepared to supply the following information when you submit:
1. Abstract of the program (300 words or less)
2. Presenter name(s), institutional affiliation(s) and contact information
3. Format (presentation, panel discussion, workshop, etc.)
4. Equipment needs
Please Note: If your proposal is accepted and you become a presenter, panelist, or moderator, you must register for the conference.
Questions? Please contact Geoff Iverson, Breakout Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
St. Kate’s Students: If any of you have questions not related to proposals, please contact Rachel
Farnham at email@example.com. More information on general conference details is to come.