The APALA Travel Grant will provide $500.00 to support attendance at the American Library Association (ALA) Annual Conference. The Travel Grant will fund one APALA member to attend the conference and will be used to help cover registration and travel expenses.
Eligibility Criteria for the Grant
- Applicant must be a current APALA member in good standing by application deadline.
- Applicant must be either a student who is enrolled in a master’s or doctoral degree program in library and/or information science at a school accredited by ALA, or a professional possessing a master’s degree or doctoral degree in library and/or information science.
- Applicant must be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States or Canada.
How to Apply
Complete the APALA Travel Grant online application by March 1, 2019.
Selection Procedures and Timeline
- Applications Due: March 1, 2019
- Applicants Notified of Final Decision: April 1, 2019
- Recipient Announced: April 15, 2019
- Travel Grant check distributed to Recipient at ALA Annual: June 20-25, 2019
- Recipient’s Conference Report Due: July 19, 2019
- The APALA Travel Grant shall be administered under the By-Laws of APALA.
- In the event that no applicants satisfy the criteria, no travel award will be given, with the option to grant an additional award the following year.
- Members of the APALA Scholarship & Awards Committee are ineligible for any of the awards. If a Scholarship & Awards Committee member would like to apply for an award, they need to step aside from the selection committee for that specific award.
- An APALA member who receives any APALA grant/award may not receive another grant/award in the same year.
If you have questions or need additional information, please contact the APALA Scholarship & Awards Committee: firstname.lastname@example.org.