To provide financial assistance to a resident or full-time student of the MAC region pursuing graduate education in archival administration and to encourage the study of archival administration.
One scholarship of $750 (payable to the educational institution) and a one-year membership to MAC.
In order to be eligible for the scholarship, an applicant must be:
- a resident or full-time student residing in one of the following states: Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, and Wisconsin.
- currently enrolled or accepted into a graduate, multi-course program in archival administration. If the program is not listed in the SAA Directory of Archival Education, the applicant must provide proof of the multi-course standard by submitting course descriptions from the institution’s current department catalog.
- a grade point average of at least 3.0 (based on 4.0 scale) in their most recent academic year.
Applications are due March 4, 2019 and must include the following documents (print or electronic):
- Application Form (pdf)
- Current resume including:
- Relevant (archives related) employment/volunteer/internship experience
- Honors, scholarships or awards received
- Campus and community activities you are involved in
- Memberships in professional organizations
- Transcript from the applicant’s most recent academic program.
- Essay of no more than 500 words outlining the applicant’s interests and future goals in archival administration.
- Two letters of recommendation.
Award winner will write an essay for the MAC Newsletter on their academic activities assisted by the scholarship and its importance to their graduate archival education.
Return completed application and related materials to:
University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
School of Information Studies
PO Box 413
Milwaukee, WI 53201