The American Indian Library Association (AILA) will provide financial assistance to two library professionals currently working in a tribal library of any kind to attend the 2019 ALA Annual Conference in Washington, D.C.
Deadline: May 3, 2019
The AILA 2018 Conference Travel Scholarship will provide $1200.00 to support attendance at the ALA Annual Conference, June 20-25, 2019 in Washington, D.C. This will be used to help cover registration and travel expenses.
REQUIRED CRITERIA FOR THE AWARD
- Applicant must be a current AILA member in good standing
- Applicant must be working in tribal library of any kind OR Applicant must be an active member of an AILA committee
PREFERRED CRITERIA FOR THE AWARD
- Applicant possesses a master’s degree or doctoral degree in library and/or information science
- Applicant is American Indian, Alaska Native, or Native Hawaiian
- Applicant is enrolled in a federally recognized tribe
- Applicant has not previously received an AILA Travel Grant
- Completed AILA Conference Travel Scholarship Application: Fill out the Scholarship Application Form, then submit it.
- Statement of Need: Please state in 500 words or less the reason you are requesting travel assistance
- E-mail both the AILA Conference Travel Scholarship Application and the Statement of Need to: Holly Tomren (email@example.com)
- The AILA Scholarship Committee will select the Travel Scholarship recipients.
- Application deadline: May 3, 2019
- Award Recipients are notified: May 17, 2019
- Travel award check distributed prior to conference: May 31, 2019
- Conference report due to AILA Newsletter Editor: July 31, 2019
- Proof of conference registration must be provided to the AILA Recognition Committee before check will be distributed to recipient.
- Recipients are required to attend AILA meetings and programs at the conference and to report back on their experience in the AILA newsletter.