ATLA is excited to support diversity in librarianship with the following scholarship:
The ATLA Diversity Scholarship
We are looking for applicants with an open willingness to explore the possibility of a vocation in information science and religious studies and/or theology.
ATLA will provide one scholarship for $4,000 to a student from an underrepresented population enrolled in an ALA-accredited master’s program in library and information science (check issued to the school). The scholarship also includes the option of a travel grant to attend and participate in the following ATLA Annual Conference. The awardee can choose to participate in the ATLA Annual Conference by presenting or creating a poster on a particular topic with the support of the members of the sponsoring ATLA Committee for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.
- (optional) $750 travel grant to attend the following ATLA Annual Conference
- Applicant must be from an underrepresented population (religious, racial, ethnic, gender identity, sexual orientation, etc.).
- Applicant must enroll and complete at least 6 credit hours in an ALA-accredited master’s program in library and information science in North America in the 12 months following notification.
- Applicant may attend the following ATLA Annual Conference and participate with the support of the ATLA Committee for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in a presentation or poster session.
- Applicant must be an ATLA individual or student member at the time of acceptance
Applications and instructions can be found here:https://www.atla.com/Members/development/awards/Pages/Diversity-Scholarships.aspx
Applications are available on an ongoing basis, but applications must be received by June 1 of each year. The awardee will be notified on August 1.